ataNG

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Oct 27 01:37:10 PST 2003

-On [20031026 12:02], Kip Macy (kmacy at xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>>     What was the deal about the posting from the guy (on the freebsd lists)
>>     who kept losing his partition table?  Was that atapicam related too?
>
>Are you being facetious? ATAPI, to the best of my knowledge,
>only applies to CD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW and probably DVD drives.

It is, it is the packet interface which is modelled after the SCSI stuff
(think MMC).

To be honest, I've actually done a lot with Soren in the early days with
ATA and ATAPI, and I still do (remember some of the work I did with
Scott Long on UDF).  I just need to get my FreeBSD and/or DF to work
again with this nForce 2 stuff.  And then I intend to get some ATA/ATAPI
and UDF work done.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Knowing the ancient beginning is the essence of Tao...