Release errata & patch list

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Mon Apr 25 09:07:59 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:On 4/25/05, justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:> > And Matt,  currently I setup a filter on my mail that I think will grab
:> > all commits to a branch.  This works well enough for now. (sorry about
:> > sending this e-mail to you and not the list first)
:>
:> Is the filter a procmail filter?  If not, how's it working?  We already
:> have procmail going through list mail to create the mailarchive on leaf;
:> it'd be a good fit for autocreating errata, then.
:>
:>
:
:It's not automatically creating that page, didn't mean to make it
:sound more advanced than that.  It is just a filter on my gmail
:account to take any commit to a branch and flag it so I notice.  If
:someone can create something more advanced and automatic be my guest,
:I just figured this was a good start.

    Heh.  But it sure does sound like it could be automated!  Automation
    is the key to longevity.

    In any case, it's a good experiment and it does show the potential
    for integrating some sort of commit log automation filter to pull
    out commits to branches and throw them onto a web page automatically.
					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
	It can definitely be done with an awk and a minimal shell script.

	Similar to the way I used to generate FreeBSD-4 MFC lists, which
	I did my regex'ing the commit mail archive.  I will see if I can
	do something for branch commits and put it up on leaf.
	Kind regards,

			-Hiten