QuEST 4.3.0 port for DragonFlyBSD / DPorts

Sayed Mohammad Badiezadegan mbzadegan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 21:02:29 PDT 2026


Hi,

Thank you for your guidance. I followed the newport/ layout and have now
opened a PR for QuEST 4.3.0 in the DeltaPorts repository:

*PR #1773 — science/quest: Add QuEST 4.3.0*

DragonFlyBSD DeltaPorts PR #1773
<https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DeltaPorts/pull/1773?utm_source=chatgpt.com>

The port has been tested successfully on DragonFlyBSD 6.5-DEVELOPMENT,
including build, stage, check-plist, stage-qa, package installation, and a
C++ runtime test against the installed QuEST library.

Please let me know if any changes are needed.

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,


On Fri, Oct 2, 2026 at 12:13 AM Antonio Huete Jimenez <
tuxillo at quantumachine.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please open a PR in the DeltaPorts repository. If you want examples, find
> newport/ dirs and use the same layout.
> Let me know if you need help.
>
> Cheers
>
> On 2 Oct 2026, at 05:35, Sayed Mohammad Badiezadegan <mbzadegan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello DragonFlyBSD developers,
>
> I have successfully ported *QuEST 4.3.0 (Quantum Exact Simulation
> Toolkit)* to DragonFlyBSD and would like to contribute the port to DPorts
> so that it can eventually be installed through pkg install quest.
>
> I created science/quest with the port Makefile, distinfo, pkg-descr, and
> pkg-plist. The port builds and packages successfully on DragonFlyBSD,
> passes stage-qa and check-plist, and I have tested the installed package
> by compiling and running a separate C++ QuEST program. OpenMP/multithreaded
> CPU support is enabled.
>
> I also have a clean Git patch ready for submission.
>
> Since QuEST is not currently available in FreeBSD Ports, could you please
> advise me on the preferred procedure for contributing this as a new
> DragonFlyBSD/DPorts port?
>
> Should I submit it through DeltaPorts, the submit list, or another
> mechanism?
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------
> *~ Mohamad Badiez*
> *M.Sc. Cryptography (Applied Mathematics)*
> *My Research area* <https://mbzadegan.github.io/>
> *ResearchGate profile:*
>
> *Richmond, BC, Canada*
>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20261002/83f2a84b/attachment.htm>


More information about the Users mailing list