Sdhci spam on console, extremely slow boot

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Fri Mar 24 00:00:40 PDT 2023

You can kill kernel logging entirely, see if this works as a quick
workaround in /boot/loader.conf:

kern.kprintf_logging=0

The less invasive solution is to compile up a kernel with that junk
commented out.  Comment out lines 1071 and 1072 in
/usr/src/sys/dev/disk/sdhci/sdhci.c.   And yes, I agree... we should limit
the rate at which it prints messages like that.  What would be a reasonable
rate limit?   Once every 30 seconds maximum?  It would be like 4-5 lines of
code and a static variable, so not hard.