adding a harddisk

Christoph Harder shadowomf at arcor.de
Sun Jul 9 10:58:54 PDT 2023

Hello everybody,

this is probalby a very basic question, but I could find an answer (that I understood) in the documentation.

I'm trying to add an additional harddisk to an installed system.
This harddrive should only be used as a data storage (e.g. backup data of various PC's).

I found a lot of descriptopns how to manually create a bootable disk.
But how du you just prepare a disk that you can mount in an existing system, preferably a single large partition that includes almost the complete disk (on which pfs's can be created)?

For example which tools in which order are correct?
gpt, disklabel64, newfs_hammer2, mount_hammer2, hammer2

Is there maybe a tutorial/example available that I've missed?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Christoph