IP-KVM console

Seann Aswell seann at seannaswell.com
Sat Jan 14 21:29:31 PST 2023

Okay, the issue is likely a bit more complicated. Scrolling up in the
IP-KVM terminal window, I see the following:

(cd8:umass-sim1:1:0:0): got CAM status 0x44
(cd8:umass-sim1:1:0:0): fatal error, failed to attach to device
(cd8:umass-sim1:1:0:0): lost device
(cd8:umass-sim1:1:0:0): removing device entry

I can say that a FreeBSD ISO does boot on this same machine using the
same IP-KVM/IPMI setup this data center uses. Normally a USB stick using
an IMG file would be used, which would avoid this altogether...

I could always install some other OS on the second drive and hack
together a work around, but I have KVM access for 48 hours, so if anyone
has any other suggestions, please let me know.