package clamav-0.105.1_4,1 fails to update signatures

Pierre-Alain TORET pierre-alain.toret at protonmail.com
Thu Jan 12 02:29:58 PST 2023

Hello,

------- Original Message -------
Le jeudi 12 janvier 2023 à 08:10, Stephen Welker <stephen.welker at nemostar.com.au> a écrit :

> [...]
> >
> > Its usually easier to use dsynth than to use make inside the dports
> > tree. Options overrides are also separated out into their own directory.
>

> Although, this may be a solution, a major problem is that current ClamAV
> 0.105.1 package is mostly unusable for anyone

We haven't had a feedback about ClamAV yet, so we didn't know about that.
We're now building the ports with the default options from FreeBSD more or less and that would mean some of them regarding curl leads to ClamAV being broken
Would you mind opening a ticket about that issue to help us track it ?
Either on https://bugs.dragonflybsd.org (you will need to ask for an account first, IRC is a good place to do so), or on https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DPorts/issues if you already have a Github account.

> (not to mention that the current version is ClamAV 1.0.0 LTS).

Regarding ClamAV, we follow the FreeBSD ports, and we're currently on 2022Q4 branch, and that's the version available in that one.
Version 1.0.0 should land when we start using FreeBSD 2023Q1 branch, the version has been updated with https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/commit/f7bcd43826f0aca95ecacda1bfad3c7f21621e74

> I could build ClamAV & curl+c-ares from source, for that matter any
> package that depends on curl would have to removed and built from source
> - the moment a package requires curl, it would reinstall the curl
> package because it is missing or incomplete.

I did a quick test and was able to build curl with the CARES option enabled by just modifying the Makefile in the dports tree, and then ClamAV package rebuilt fine after that, I can send you some pre-built packages if you are interested to try, as I only built it, but didn't try running ClamAV.