package clamav-0.105.1_4,1 fails to update signatures

Pierre-Alain TORET pierre-alain.toret at protonmail.com
Thu Jan 12 07:24:13 PST 2023

------- Original Message -------
Le jeudi 12 janvier 2023 à 11:29, Pierre-Alain TORET <pierre-alain.toret at protonmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello,

Actually I've tested the available binary package available (so without curl being built with CARES option), and it seems to be able to download the databases just fine here :

% doas -u clamav freshclam
ClamAV update process started at Thu Jan 12 16:19:56 2023
daily database available for update (local version: 26778, remote version: 26779)
Current database is 1 version behind.
Downloading database patch # 26779...
Time:    0.1s, ETA:    0.0s [========================>]   14.78KiB/14.78KiB
Testing database: '/var/db/clamav/tmp.e2391e8b02/clamav-78be58dc0be3d78a940f0b273d074070.tmp-daily.cld' ...
Database test passed.
daily.cld updated (version: 26779, sigs: 2015974, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)
main database available for download (remote version: 62)
Time:    7.1s, ETA:    0.0s [========================>]  162.58MiB/162.58MiB
Testing database: '/var/db/clamav/tmp.e2391e8b02/clamav-c39ba4fe76d07c5c32f1e656ffdf2d43.tmp-main.cvd' ...
Database test passed.
main.cvd updated (version: 62, sigs: 6647427, f-level: 90, builder: sigmgr)
bytecode database available for download (remote version: 333)
Time:    0.2s, ETA:    0.0s [========================>]  286.79KiB/286.79KiB
Testing database: '/var/db/clamav/tmp.e2391e8b02/clamav-3b0926f055a72d4d9db4b919a2841a50.tmp-bytecode.cvd' ...
Database test passed.
bytecode.cvd updated (version: 333, sigs: 92, f-level: 63, builder: awillia2)
WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock: No such file or directory

How did you install clamav on your machine ?