Howdy and howto get started

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:05:14 PST 2023

Hi Matt et al.,

Well I got 'er up and runnin'. It was very straightforward, in the end,
but I've got lots to learn. Thanks for building such an interesting
project. I'll be checking this out for a while, but I like it so far.

I installed, chose hammer, updated, upgraded, fixed the trashing of the
df-latest.conf file by the upgrade, ran upgrade again, installed sysrc,
sudo, vim, bash, set stuff up to my liking, got sound working, installed
xorg xf86-input-evdev, fired up startx et voila - twm in all its glory
and simplicity. pkg install chromium and I even had a browser and videos
on youtube worked with sound. Cool. TWM works, but I'm rusty, so off to
refresh.

BTW, I didn't have to set radeon up, xorg seemed to guess it and load
what it needed. The mouse was janky, until I remembered you said evdev
was available, so after installing it, all was well with the world.

Thanks again for the steer. I appreciate it.

Will