Trouble setting up CBSD on DragonflyBSD 6.2.

michael.s michael.s at disroot.org
Sat Sep 24 05:56:24 PDT 2022

On 2022-09-21 13:51, Oleg Ginzburg wrote:

> Hi Michael!
>
> On 2022-09-21 01:20, michael.s wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have problems with setting up CBSD on DragonflyBSD 6.2.
>>
>> My questions are:
>>
>> * Is CBSD supported on dlfy?
>> * If yes, is it stable?
>> * If yes, what is proper way of setting it up - what I did wrong ;)
>> Is it reproducible?
>> * If yes, is there any documentation I couldn't fin and should read?
>> ..
>
> Dragonfly is not currently a target system for cbsd, however we are
> looking to improve support for Dragonfly.
> Can I ask you to post all the issues listed in the appropriate
> place[1]? I'm sure everything will be fixed. Thanks!
>
> __
> [1] - https://github.com/cbsd/cbsd/issues

Hi Oleg!

Thanks for reply, I've just reported this bug to mentioned issue
tracker.

I checked also qjail and ezjail both didn't work.
I'm a little bit confused that all these tools are present in the
official in official DF repo while not working.

So I finally tried to set up jails manually according to wikis, man
pages and various tutorials but also without success. Internet doesn't
work inside jail.

Steps:
- Get OS source code and build base
cd /usr
make src-create
cd /usr/src
make build-all
- root filesystem according to DF wiki:
mkdir -p /usr/local/jails/
mkdir /usr/local/jails/jail1
make installworld DESTDIR=/usr/local/jails/jail1
make distribution DESTDIR=/usr/local/jails/jail1
cp /etc/resolv.conf /usr/local/jails/jail1/etc/
cp /etc/localtime /usr/local/jails/jail1/etc/
echo hostname=\"jail1\" > /usr/local/jails/jail1/etc/rc.conf
cd /usr/local/jails/jail1
ln -sf dev/null kernel
mount_devfs /usr/local/jails/jail1/dev
- Edited fstab to keep devfs mount
devfs /usr/local/jails/jail1/dev devfs rw 0 0
- edit rc.conf:
- (ifconfig set to static in rc.conf to allow aliases)
ifconfig_igb0_alias0="inet 10.10.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.255"
jail_jail1_rootdir="/usr/local/jails/jail1"
jail_jail1_hostname="jail1.mydomain.name"
jail_jail1_ip="10.10.0.2"
- After login by jexec 1 /bin/csh I couldn't set up dports as Internet
doesn't work.

Server is behind NAT with local ip address on 172.18.x.x subnet. I gave
it alias 10.10.0.x.

In the same time I tried to set up /etc/jail.conf but it looks like it's
ignored. Also while doing  sysctl jail.allow_raw_sockets or
security.jail.allow_raw_sockets set to 1 (to diagnose let ping in jail)
It says "unkown oid".

What did I do wrong?