net.link.tap.up_on_open does not exist

Mario Marietto marietto2008 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 10:51:58 PDT 2022

Maybe you are interested to understand what's wrong with qemu and nvmm on
DFLY and also that NVMM under NetBSD is working great.

ok. you can give a look at these videos recorded by me :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17IptbtId_GxBkuLcofNeY8HRSD2FMOOw

and under NetBSD,these are the parameters which work good :

qemu-system-x86_64 --accel nvmm \
        -cpu max -smp cpus=4 -m 8G \
        -boot d \
        -object rng-random,filename=/dev/urandom,id=viornd0 \
        -drive file=/home/marietto/Downloads/vm/jammy.img,if=none,id=disk0 \
        -device virtio-rng-pci,rng=viornd0 \
        -netdev user,id=vioif0 -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=vioif0 \
        -audiodev oss,id=oss,out.dev=/dev/audio,in.dev=/dev/audio \
        -device ac97,audiodev=oss \
        -usb -device usb-mouse,bus=usb-bus.0 \
        -cdrom ubuntu-22.04-desktop-amd64.iso \
        -bios OVMFX64.fd \
        -display sdl,gl=on \

These parameters can boot the ISO image of Ubuntu fast without any
problem,but they don't work on DFLY. Watching my 3 videos you will see
what's broken.

--
Mario.