What packages I need to install to properly support my AMD GPU?

Aaron LI aly at aaronly.me
Sun Jan 23 04:49:56 PST 2022

Hi,

I’m using an AMD RX550, and I need to install the devfw-amdgpu package. This should make the amdgpu kernel module work.

In addition, for stability, only use modesetting with Xorg, i.e., placing the following settings at /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/11-modesetting.conf :

Section "Device"
  Identifier "Screen0"
  Driver "modesetting"
  Option "kmsdev" "/dev/dri/card0"