DragonFly 6.2 released

Aaron LI aly at aaronly.me
Mon Jan 10 18:09:44 PST 2022

> On Jan 11, 2022, at 08:58, André Pfeiffer <pfeiffer.ufsc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Aaron!
>
> Yes, I pretty much like xen and having DragonflyBSD as dom0 would be really nice. But any other type1 hypervisor would do too as long it is bare metal.
>
> Knowing that it is unavailable, is there anyone working on it? If none are doing so, what can I do to get this job done? (I have never coded O.S. only high level applications)

I don’t know anyone is working on porting Xen to dragonfly. I don’t even know whether dragonfly runs as domU (i.e. guest) in Xen.

I believe it’s much more difficult to port Xen dom0 to dragonfly than porting a type-2 hypervisor (like NVMM). But I don’t know much about Xen and thus don’t know the details.

> If I'm not mistaken, FreeBSD and NetBSD have Xen, right? Maybe I could use it as basis to enable it on DragonflyBSD?

I know NetBSD supports Xen dom0 and domU, FreeBSD supports Xen domU, but I’m not sure whether FreeBSD supports dom0.

Cheers
Aaron