Presentation on DragonFly BSD ?

Seann Aswell seann at seannaswell.com
Wed Feb 2 15:48:34 PST 2022

On Wed, 2022-02-02 at 14:38 -0700, Jonathan Drews wrote:

> Hi Guys:
>
>  I am only a member of SEMI-Bug, I do not post those warnings.
> Michael
> Lucas, author of Absolute FreeBSD, is the owner and head of SEMI-Bug.
> His wife is a nurse at a hospital and has seen a lot of COVID cases.
> guess this is the reason for the admonitions. I have very little
> control over the content of the website. My sole mission is to find
> presenters for *BSD and related topics (programming, data bases,
> etc.).
>
>  I did download an ISO of DragonFly BSD and run it as a live eval CD.
> It works great! I am more desirous now to get someone from your group
> to give a presentation on DragonFly BSD. The reason is hardly anyone
> know has much experience with it. For me, the most important aspects
> to learn about DeagonFly BSD are:
>
> 1) Hammer and the evolution to Hammer2
> 2) How to install and configure X
> 3) Proprietary drivers for chipsets and where to get them?
> 4) The packages ports / system.
>
> Anyway, I have friends who attend SEMI-Bug and are experienced
> computer people and would really like to know more about this
> operating system. If anyone can give a short presentation on how to
> install DragonFly BSD and get X working, then that would be great.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Jonathan

In case you haven't already, check out DragonFly Digest:
https://www.dragonflydigest.com/about

Justin has been a long time supporter of DFly, and if I recall has even
given a presentation at a Unix group somewhere in NY several years ago.
Regardless, if you ping him he may have a suggestion or two on who
might be willing/able to do such a presentation.

Seann