Having trouble upgrading

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Fri Feb 4 21:08:55 PST 2022

On Fri, Feb 04, 2022 at 09:49:56PM -0700, Seann Aswell wrote:
> between 6.0 and 6.2. You might want to stick with getting 6.2 to work,
> as the issue you are seeing when starting the installer on 6.2 could
> show up even if you were to get 6.0 installed and updated.
>
> I have had issues with old/outdated/buggy EFI on older laptops, and
> that may be what you are seeing. You might try disabling EFI in the
> T440 BIOS, and try installing 6.2 again, to see if that might be the
> issue.

Thanks Seann:

 I had problems with the 6.2.1 install. Namely it stopped with these
errors:
I get the following error messages after typing "installer"

grep: invalid option -- q
grep: stack overflow
Starting Installer. Reading /etc/pfi.conf ...
grep: Invalid option -- 'w'
grep: stack overflow
grep: invalid option -- 'q'
grep: stack overflow
dfuibe_installer:
Welcome to DragonFly!

So it looks like the installer for 6.2.1 has a bug. The installer
for 6.0 worked perfectly.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan