Presentation on DragonFly BSD ?

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Wed Feb 2 13:38:16 PST 2022

On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 07:58:10PM +0100, rempas at tutanota.com wrote:
> Btw, an Advice: I would suggest to remove the message about Covid ([1]). Everyone holds different views/opinions on the topic after all these years. Don't place yourself in such an important topic. Just my two cents. Good luck!
>

> [1] WE'RE STILL IN PANDEMIC. STAY HOME. WASH YOUR HANDS. GET YOUR VAX AND WEAR A MASK.

Hi Guys:

 I am only a member of SEMI-Bug, I do not post those warnings. Michael
Lucas, author of Absolute FreeBSD, is the owner and head of SEMI-Bug.
His wife is a nurse at a hospital and has seen a lot of COVID cases. I
guess this is the reason for the admonitions. I have very little
control over the content of the website. My sole mission is to find
presenters for *BSD and related topics (programming, data bases, etc.).

 I did download an ISO of DragonFly BSD and run it as a live eval CD.
It works great! I am more desirous now to get someone from your group
to give a presentation on DragonFly BSD. The reason is hardly anyone I
know has much experience with it. For me, the most important aspects
to learn about DeagonFly BSD are:

1) Hammer and the evolution to Hammer2
2) How to install and configure X
3) Proprietary drivers for chipsets and where to get them?
4) The packages ports / system.

Anyway, I have friends who attend SEMI-Bug and are experienced
computer people and would really like to know more about this
operating system. If anyone can give a short presentation on how to
install DragonFly BSD and get X working, then that would be great.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan