New packages: 2022Q4 and upgrade notes

Antonio Huete Jimenez tuxillo at quantumachine.net
Mon Dec 5 16:59:49 PST 2022

Hi all,

We've updated the binary package sets for both master and RELEASE 6.2.
You can use the conventional upgrade method (aka the bulletproof method).

There are a few caveats to take in consideration:

1. Wayland isn't working

Previously we had a locked Wayland version (1.18.0) that was working but
we were forced to upgrade it and there are still things to be added
before it can work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. Xorg defaults to evdev now

We have EVDEV support in kernel for a while but recently we had to
change the default mask to '12' to avoid duplicated events from the
input devices:

     $ sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask
     kern.evdev.rcpt_mask: 12

If you're not running master or the latest stable RELEASE from source,
you'll have to set it via sysctl.

You will also need to install 'xf86-input-evdev', if you don't have it
already, to have a working mouse/keyboard.

After the full upgrade, see if you have the following file:

     $ ls -l /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-evdev-kbd.conf
     -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  152 05-Dec-2022 23:50
/usr/local/etc/X11xorg.conf.d/20-evdev-kbd.conf

If it's not the case, you can grab it from here:
https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DPorts/blob/master/x11-servers/xorg-server/files/20-evdev-kbd.conf

3. LibreSSL in base was upgraded (only in master)

We've upgraded LibreSSL in the base system from 3.2.5 to 3.6.1. The
shlib version has changed so you'll find the following message after
running 'make upgrade':

     ===> Checking for deprecated files
          (harmless ELF linker warnings may appear here)
     /lib/libprivate_crypto.so.46 is deprecated
     /lib/libprivate_ssl.so.48 is deprecated
     = You have 2 now deprecated files.
     = Once you are sure that none of your third party (ports or local)
     = software are still using them, rerun with:
     =     make upgrade -DREMOVE_DEPRECATED

If you want the current binary package set to work on your system,
please do not run 'make upgrade -DREMOVE_DEPRECATED' just yet.

The reason why we built this binary package set with the previous
LibreSSL version is because we wanted it to work in system pre- and
post-LibreSSL upgrade.

--

If there are other issues, please reply to this thread so that we can
have all the information in the same place.

Regards,
Antonio Huete