Want to start contributing.....

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Thu May 20 03:20:28 PDT 2021

I haven't read the book but since it's FreeBSD it should be mostly
relevant with caveats since DragonFly has diverged somewhat. So on my
rough understanding, the big picture and topics are relevant, but
beware of DragonFly differences here and there, e.g. kernel locking
routines (use lockmgr(9)); slightly different syntax of driver macros;
conventions of how arguments are passed to drivers; DragonFly only has
kqueue, no need to implement poll() methods. I think that's almost all
I encountered, but there might be more. If I were you, I'd start with
the small dummy module and then build on top of it by adding features
to get used to DragonFly. Also have a look at other modules and
drivers for guidance, grok.dragonflybsd.org is a great tool to browse
the source code of DragonFly and other projects.

Best

Peeter