6.0 and console on ThinkPad x220

Chuck Musser cmusser at sonic.net
Fri May 28 15:02:45 PDT 2021

> fb_info = { width = 1366, height = 768, stride = 5504, depth = 32 }
>
> So at least the dimensions are the same.

Now that I know to use buildkernel, not quickkernel, I'll try  putting
in some traces. One thing I noticed is that there are a number of calls
to set the framebuffer for a plane, most of which end up up settting no
framebuffer (it shows as [NOFB] in the logs). On 5.8, one plane
eventually gets a framebuffer assigned to it and there are no errors. On
6.0, all the log messages for the planes show [NOFB] and eventually
there are a couple error messages. One's a warning inside
__drm_atomic_helper_set_config about the framebuffer pointer being NULL.
So in some cases, having a NULL framebuffer is worth a warning and other
it doesn't seem to be.

Chuck