Radeon Acceleration Disabled

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 05:45:32 PDT 2021

It seems not all radeon cards work with GPU acceleration, for instance
I get the following w/o the commit you mention

kernel: error: [drm:pid223:r600_dma_ring_test] *ERROR* radeon: ring 3
test failed (0xCAFEDEAD)
kernel: drm0: error: disabling GPU acceleration

for both Radeon R7 370 and R7 360. I am not sure why the commit was
made, perhaps the cards that generally worked had occasional glitches,
and maybe it's still the case.

Best

Peeter