crc errors and installation troubles

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:18:31 PST 2021

On Friday, January 15, 2021, Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com>
wrote:
> Is the SSD connected using the same cable and motherboard port as the HDD
used?  It's not likely to be the reason, but trying a different cable and
port may be useful if you are not doing that already.  If changing those
helps, then the problem was the connection and not the disk.
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 12:19 PM Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Dear kind Dragonfly BSD users,
>>
>> I had a 320GB sata hd with dragonflyBSD installed.  I upgraded it to
5.83 thanks to help from users here on list.  The disk is turning bad and
the system boots but when I try to run a program it freezes.  I removed the
hard drive and installed an SSD and I get lots of errors and am unable to
get it working.  I have some screenshots if needed.  Ssd is a kingston 480
GB .  Any pointers and advice are appreciated.

I switched cables but errors still occur.

I guess I have to use a regular 7200 sata disk, but I am stubborn and want
to use a ssd.  Thank you for advice and suggestions

Best Regards

Antonio