xfce updates borked desktop

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 06:16:53 PST 2021

Dear dflybsd users,

recent updates to xfce have removed some items from the desktop.
Application menu has been removed.  I try to add it back and I get

``Plugin "Applications Menu" unexpectedly left the panel, do you want
to restart it?

The plugin restarted more than once in the last 60 seconds. If you
press Execute the panel will try to restart the plugin otherwise it
will be permanently removed from the panel.  ''

I click on Execute and it does not come back.
I click on terminal and it gives me that it cannot launch Failed to
execute command "exo-open --launch TerminalEmulator"

I wonder if reinitializing xfce like remove ~/.config/xfce directory
or something will get it back to normal?

Any advice/suggestions?

Best Regards,

Antonio