ipfw3 nat to dynamic ip

samg samg at fastmail.com
Fri Dec 24 08:31:04 PST 2021

The network looks like this:
WAN ----- [ ISP Router ] ------ [ My Router ] ---- [ My Clients ]
The ISP router is set for IP passthrough, so 1-1 NAT. I don't have a static IP address, the ISP router gets an IP from the ISP via dhcp. So on my router, eth0 is connected to the ISP router, and gets an ip via dhcp, which will be whatever ip the isp router got, and this ip can change from time to time. I'd like to NAT traffic out via eth0, or whatever ip eth0 happens to have at the time.

An aside: does ipfw3 support ipv6 ip's?

Thanks,
Sam