DragonFly 5.8.2 released

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 06:21:55 PDT 2020

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 9:55 PM Justin Sherrill
<justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:

> DragonFly 5.8.2 is released - here's the release page:
>
> https://www.dragonflybsd.org/release58/
>
> And here's the tag with a list of the commits:
>
> http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/commits/2020-September/769773.html
>
> The normal ISO and IMG files are available for download and install,
> plus an uncompressed ISO image for those installing remotely.
>
> If updating from 5.8.0:
>
> > cd /usr/src
> > git pull
> > make build-all
> > make install-all
> > make upgrade
>
> If upgrading from a version older than 5.8.0, see the 5.8.0
> announcement and follow those instructions.
>
> http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2020-March/358432.html
>
> After your next reboot, you can optionally update your rescue system:
>
> (reboot)
> > cd /usr/src
> > make initrd
>
> Don't forget to upgrade your existing packages if you haven't recently:
>
> > pkg update
> > pkg upgrade

I want to update, but I run into a problem:

coolermaster# cd usr
coolermaster# ls
Makefile    include        libexec        sbin
bin        lib        local        share
games        libdata        obj
coolermaster# mkdir -p src
coolermaster# cd src/
coolermaster# git pull
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
coolermaster# git fetch origin
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
coolermaster# which git
/usr/local/bin/git
coolermaster# git fetch origin
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
coolermaster# ls -l
total 0
coolermaster# pwd
/usr/src
coolermaster# git fetch origin
fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
coolermaster#
coolermaster# uname -a
DragonFly coolermaster.rgccisd 5.8-RELEASE DragonFly v5.8.1-RELEASE
#8: Tue May  5 22:45:55 EDT 2020
root at www.shiningsilence.com:/usr/obj/home/justin/release/5_8/sys/X86_64_GENERIC
 x86_64
coolermaster#