No subject

Daniel Fojt df at neosystem.org
Mon Sep 14 22:28:15 PDT 2020

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 07:46:00 -0900
Matthew Dillon <dillon at backplane.com> wrote:

> Usually when a H2 filesystem becomes corrupt it points to some other
> issue in the system.  This being a VM, there could be any number of
> potential issues causing the corruption but I don't have any ideas as to
> what it was in this case.

FWIW, this kind of corruption happens quite consistently for me, when
making buildworld into a H2 /usr/obj and running daily periodic at the
same time, ie. 161.clean-hammer2 and 220.snapshot-hammer2. Not sure which
one actually triggers it (cleanup or snapshot), but when this meets
(buildworld + periodic), it often results in a corrupted filesystem
under /usr/obj, with undeletable objects that have to be "hammer2
destroy"ed.

--
						Daniel