A Tale Of Two USB Pen Drives

Alexander Shendi Alexander.Shendi at web.de
Fri Sep 18 14:30:54 PDT 2020

Hi,

thanks for the reply
Here a few additional data points:
1. The machine boots in UEFI-only mode. I have to "gop set 2" before booting. Still the same symptoms.
2. The machine also boots in "Legacy" mode. Same symptoms.
3. last few lines of output before "mountroot>"  prompt:

da8 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da8: <USB DISK 2.0 PMAP> Removable SCSI-4 direct access device
da8: Serial Number 90008CE057A40545
da8: 40.000 MB/s transfer
da8: 29604 MB (60628992 512 byte sectors 255H 63 S-T 3773C )
da0s4: cannot find label (fixlabel: raw partiton offset != slice  offset)
da8: reading primary partition table: error accessing offset 00000000000 for 512
byte
Mounting root fron ufs:part-by-label1/DragonFly.8.1.a
no disk naned 'part-by-label/DragonFly_5.8.1.a'
ffs_mountroot: can't find root
Root mount failed: 6

4. Specifiying
vfs.mountroot.timeout="10" or "20"