pfs-delete seems to hang

Daniel Fojt df at neosystem.org
Wed Nov 11 10:01:41 PST 2020

On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 17:48:33 +0100
"Aleksej Lebedev" <root at zta.lk> wrote:

> The only thing is that it requires copying >0.5TB. I am still not sure
> it's 100% reproducible, but for me I got these errors 3 times in a row.
> At different stages though.

Hm, this sounds similar to what I've been bitten several times when
running periodic and buildworld simultaneously, see my post from
September:

http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2020-September/381405.html

I was not sure whether to blame bulkfree or snapshot, but it well may be
the same issue you are experiencing, ie. bulkfree combined with massive
filesystem activity. And impact was the same for me - several "check fail"
errors from kernel, and couple of undeletable entries on the affected
filesystem. If it really is the same issue, you'd not need to copy that
amount of data, just run "make build-all" (ie. parallelized build) on
hammer2 filesystem and bulkfree at the same time.

--
						Daniel