Upgrade from 5.5 failed

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Fri May 22 12:08:11 PDT 2020

On Sunday, May 17, 2020 3:45:01 PM EDT Jonathan Engwall wrote:
> 5.8 obviously. As to your problem according to you, your problem is bin
> files since kernel 4.00. So get rid of the old files, (that is what you say
> you want to do), reload your kernel modules, start your python env so you
> can run qt5, and figure out what to do with your software.
> I am trying to be helpful. Cmake gives you your error. I read it, file not
> found. Which file? I don't you because you haven't shared that information.
> Last night I learned a new command. You can test it:
> stat /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h
> It should return a nice looking table, though mine machine did not. If it
> does you will know you have the xorg build environment correctly installed.

On DragonFly, X11 is not part of world, and packages are installed in /usr/
local/. So you can stat /usr/local/include/X11/Xlib.h .

> download and then compile one from it. Then having three, delete the
> oldest. What can it possibly do but lock files? Nothing good at all, that
> is what.

You don't understand the problem. The problem started with a failed disk, then
I lost the package database, but not the installed files. Also, neither my
program nor Qt5 is in Python. They're in C++.

Stick around and keep learning.

Pierre
--
li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du