Upgrade from 5.5 failed

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Tue May 12 23:58:27 PDT 2020

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 1:15:37 AM EDT Matthew Dillon wrote:
> If you installed the world and kernel properly then a 'uname -a' should
> show the dragonfly version.  If it looks right, you can try forcing a pkg
> update with:
>
> pkg update -f
> pkg upgrade -f

This still says "Your packages are up to date." "pkg -N" results in "pkg: no
packages registered". It appears that the package database has been lost. Is
there a way to recover it?

/var was on the failed disk. I didn't tar it, because a file in /var/log had
become unwritable.

Pierre

--
Por H o por B, los campos magnéticos se difieren dentro de un imán.