Installing to a GPT partition

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:02:55 PDT 2020

You need to put the DragonFly efi boot image /boot/boot1.efi on your
ESP partition (which is just a FAT12, FAT16 or FAT32 partition). If
you are only booting DragonFly, then copy this image to the ESP as
follows:

EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI

It will be the default boot image for UEFI.

If you want to multiboot, you can save it as something like

EFI/DFLY/DFLYX64.EFI

and use refind as your boot manager. The other partitions you can
install as described on gpt(8). See [1] for an exhaustive and
entertaining overview of how UEFI works.

Cheers

Peeter

[1] https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/01/25/uefi-boot-how-does-that-actually-work-then/