Installing to a GPT partition

Aaron LI aly at aaronly.me
Mon Mar 30 16:46:47 PDT 2020

On March 31, 2020 4:15:18 AM GMT+08:00, Gerald Henriksen <ghenriks at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 21:02:55 +0200, you wrote:
>
>Thank you for the pointers.
>
>>The other partitions you can
>>install as described on gpt(8).
>
>Looking at that, and looking at the results of my vm installation, I
>note there is no instructions about creating any PFS's.  Does this
>matter?

PFSes were created for the HAMMER1 installation and have been deprecated for sometime.

If one really needs PFSes, they can always create one later manually.

>I assume the separate /boot partition is still required when booting
>via UEFI, or is that a relic of the past?

A separate UFS /boot is still in the default setup and is recommended.  Last time I tried HAMMER2 /boot but it didn't work.  It was quite some time ago, and I'll give it another trial.

>And to be clear, there is no need to format the swap partition?

Yeah, no need to.

Cheers,

--
Aaron