DragonFly and rEFInd multiboot?

Martin Ivanov martin.ivanov at greenpocket.de
Mon Mar 23 06:15:41 PDT 2020

Hello Aaron,

Yes, my ESP should be in /EFIBOOT, because during the manual
installation I mounted the root partition on /mnt and then did

mkdir -p /mnt/EFI/BOOT

mount_msdos /dev/nvme0s0 /mnt/EFI/BOOT

before installing the rEFInd files into /mnt/EFI/BOOT. I doubled checked
by booting into the DragonFly installed on the laptop (of course through
the rEFInd in the ESP of the external hard drive) and issuing:

mount_msdos /dev/nvme0s0 /mnt/EFI/BOOT

ls /mnt/EFI/BOOT provides exactly what it should, namely the
bootx64*.efi files, icons as well as rEFInd drivers and tools.

However, without the external hard drive rEFInd does not show its menu
but only the black screen with the error message instead.

Secure boot is disabled. In my UEFI Settings (the ones I get by pumping
F2 until the screen with ASUS BIOS Utility appears), there is not much
about UEFI. The only place it is mentioned is at the "save and exit"
menu, as the "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device". This menu
attempts to launch EFI Shell application (Shell.efi)  from one of the
available filesystem devices. However, when I click on select it, I only
get a warning window with the message "Not Found".

Thank you very much for your reply.

Cheers,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin A. Ivanov
GreenPocket GmbH - Kundennähe durch Smart Metering -
E-Mail              martin.ivanov at greenpocket.de

Webadresse  www.greenpocket.de