Hardware recommendations for small and energy efficient Gateway

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:30:23 PST 2020

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 12:03 PM Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 2:13 AM Christoph Harder <shadowomf at arcor.de>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm planning to set up multiple Gateways (for routing, as firewall and
> IPSEC Site-to-Site VPN). Does anyone have recommendations regarding the
> hardware, especially in regards to power consumption?
>
> I use this at the house for a pfsense firewall:
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FKVQ234.
>
> If you want a four port model then see
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JHJGG5M.
>
> Protectli also sells barebones models without RAM or a SSD, if you
> have the party lying around.

Ooh, those look nice.  Fanless and come with a VESA mount.

Do you know if they work with PXE boot?  If they do, these would be great
little "digital signage" systems to stick onto the back of TVs.  We
currently use Zotac boxes, but they're getting overly expensive and the
graphics are giving us issues.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com