Macbook Air 2017 (7,2) Support

David Walker davidkwalker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 09:55:12 PDT 2020

Might the trackpad problem be a hardware problem?
My 2013 MacBook Air trackpad often randomly throws the cursor back
to irrelevant positions on earlier lines when I edit text with it.
There is advice on the web for alleviating the problem by holding
down diagonally opposite corners of the trackpad rather firmly for
at least 5 seconds. The problem is not supposed to occur with
new trackpads. After holding down say lower left and upper right
corners as described, follow up with upper left and lower right,
and repeat the whole treatment several times. (For me that
made a difference, but the effect wears off so I use a mouse
instead when I can.)
David