cannot find the equivalent to linux US Alternative International (us-acentos) keymap

nacho Lariguet lariguet at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 19:34:33 PDT 2020

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 05:13:24 -0700
edward <edwardmgibson01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2020-08-02 18:43, nacho Lariguet wrote:
> > eg: I want to type ' followed by a and get á
> > eg: I want to type " followed by u and get ü
> > eg: I want to type ~ followed by n and get ñ
> >
> > I cannot find it in dFly /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/
> >

> INDEX.keymaps and us.iso.kbd in same directory may be of some help.

I downloaded the following files:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/12/share/syscons/keymaps/us.iso.kbd?view=log
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/12/share/syscons/keymaps/us.iso.acc.kbd?view=log

us.iso.kbd has one minor difference on lines 001 and 102 between freeBSD and dragonFlyBSD
us.iso.acc.kbd is missing in dragonFlyBSD

I fixed lines 001 and 102 on us.iso.acc.kbd according our us.iso.kbd
and then copied it to /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/
using the same owner and permissions like the other ones.

kbdmap now detects it, let me select it ... but it is not working; it behaves exaclty as us.iso.kbd