attempting to boot Dell PowerEdge R710 with uEFI still panics with 2020-08-20-LATEST

nacho Lariguet lariguet at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:14:50 PDT 2020

panic: alst_radix_free: freeing free block

Please, check attached image for more details.
Booted with loader defaults with liveCD 2020-08-20 LATEST.
Nothing was changed.

I was hoping that commit faeb2db (hack the DMAP size) could finally make my Dell server boot.

If anyone is successfully booting R710s (or the like) via uEFI please tell me so.
I think after almost two years attempting to run dragonFly on these machines I am giving up.

At this point I do have dragonFly manually installed and configured (with customs scripts)
running on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q via uEFI and it works without any issues so far. This
started as a test-bed to learn manual installations to later deploy it on the Dell servers.

Besides booting the PowerEdge servers with BIOS (instead of uEFI) I ran out of options :(