Open/Libre SSL

Peter Avalos peter at theshell.com
Fri Apr 10 12:00:56 PDT 2020

> On Apr 10, 2020, at 11:13 AM, Seann Aswell <seann at spa104.com> wrote:
>
> My query to this list was to see if there is a way to use OpenSSL instead of LibreSSL, as I thought there was an rc.conf variable to do that. Installing OpenSSL removes wget and curl, which are required for the acme.sh process to work…

I am unaware of any rc.conf variable, but perhaps you are thinking about SSL_DEFAULT in make.conf? Try putting this in make.conf:
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=libressl

Of course this implies that you’ll have to rebuild the ports and not use packages. And as a disclaimer, I have not personally tried this, so I’m just trying to make a recommendation based on your email.

—Peter