Dfly Multiboot Installation Notes: Feedback

Martin Ivanov martin.ivanov at greenpocket.de
Tue Apr 28 22:59:50 PDT 2020

Hello George,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Having a partition that is
accessible to all operating systems (OSs) is a good idea. Instead of
devoting a partition solely to the purpose of being shared, one could
e.g. make the /home partition of the linux system ext2 and use it also
as a shared partition. So long as I know ext2 is supported by most OSs,
Linuxes and BSDs for sure.

With regard to my multiboot tutorial, I recently tested it. The only
major bug I found was that in contrast to hammer, hammer2 PFSs cannot be
null mounted. They can only be mounted as hammer2 file systems. With
this change and some other minor modifications I am soon going to
publish a first draft of the multiboot tutorial on the web page. I hope
till then it will become clear in which part of the online documentation
the tutorial should be placed :).

Best regards,

Martin

E-Mail              martin.ivanov at greenpocket.de