Boot drops at db> with "CPU1 stopping CPUS 0x0000fffd"

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 23:53:09 PDT 2020

Hi,

My DragonFly v5.7.0.1284.g34ca1-DEVELOPMENT #0: Fri Jan 17 11:33:25 UTC
2020 was working very fine till yesterday.
Yesterday I tried to install KDE Plasma for my daughter and it started
showing issues..
Today it drops at db> with error "CPU1 stopping CPUS 0x0000fffd"

I have taken a pic of the screen

https://bit.ly/2xePPlS

Do you need a coredump ?

If so how to get one? I can't login to DragonFly.
I am sending this email from MX Linux on the same computer so there is no
issue with hardware I guess.

Or should I just install the latest development version and carry on with
out KDE Plasma.
 I have installed KDE Neon Linux for my daughter to work with the eye candy
goodies so it won't be a problem :-)

Thank you

Siju