Late commit to drm code fixes lockup - for 5.6 and master, and opie removal instructions for master

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Fri Jun 21 02:39:11 PDT 2019

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 16:00:47 -0700
Matthew Dillon <dillon at backplane.com> wrote:

> This will fix an issue with X that could result in a machine freeze.

Well, I've just tried to update to current master, and got system freeze
right after starting compton (https://github.com/chjj/compton). X itself
does not cause a freeze, nor does window manager (windowmaker in my case).
The freeze happens with compton. Bisecting pointed me to this commit:

commit 536555aba12298470a11fd08ce255f3c62812162
Author: Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com>
Date:   Mon Jun 17 15:45:59 2019 -0700

    drm - Fix system lockup bug in signal_pending_state()

Prior to this change, compton runs without a problem, with this commit,
the system always freezes when compton starts.

Also, compiler complains about unused function trap_is_smap(). I had to
comment it out for kernel compilation to succeed.

--
						Daniel