Late commit to drm code fixes lockup - for 5.6 and master, and opie removal instructions for master

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Fri Jun 21 17:52:05 PDT 2019

Try going back to the default /usr/src/sys/config/X86_64_GENERIC kernel
config and see if you still have the lockup problem.  There are two
possibilities.  One is that the removal of the DDB option caused the kernel
to enter into a cpu-bound loop instead of panicing on an improper user
space address, and the second possibility is that there is some other bit
of code related to one of the other options, such as INVARIANTS, whos
removal is causing problems (if you commented out other options as well).

Since you are running a custom kernel config, if you could post a diff -u
of the default verses your current config, that would be helpful.  I might
need it to reproduce the issue.

-Matt