Errors during mirror-copy after upgrading to 5.6.1

tech_lists at mail.com tech_lists at mail.com
Tue Jul 2 07:24:21 PDT 2019

> If the main filesystems look ok it could be that the error
> resides on one of the snapshots.  You can try deleting all
> the snapshots on the source machine via 'hammer prune-everything
> <filesystem>' and then see if you still get mirroring errors.

> If you still get mirroring errors after doing that, your best
> bet would be to backup the two PFSs in question, then destroy
> and recreate them and restore.

Hi, I replied that removing snapshots had worked, but it was just
temporary. So I tried the second suggestion but after restoring
PFS errors started again.

At the end the "culprit" seems to be Chrome.

If I emtpy cache and all other temporary data, close Chrome and
prune PFS history the problem goes away. I moved lots of files
to have some changes to mirror but stil no errors. Now, if I run
Chrome again and open a couple of tabs, errors are suddenly back.

So I can't be 100% sure, but it seems quite reproducible.

Chrome is build with Synth with default options, recompiled after
upgrading to 6.4.1.

So I think the disk is ok and the problem is harmless, just wanted
to update in case someone else has the same problem.

Thanks again!
Andrea