Wired memory analysis

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Fri Jan 18 01:20:25 PST 2019

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 07:46:55 +0100
Daniel Bilik <ddb at neosystem.org> wrote:

> Stay tuned, I'll collect more numbers and report back.

Here we go, see attachment.

After 3 hours of uptime, this lightly used desktop system reports more
than 4200M of wired memory and 54% of swap space used. What's also
interesting (that I haven't noticed before), is reported load... It
oscillates around 1 for most of the time (no matter if it's 1m, 5m or 15m
load), while system is practically idle (97%). Also, I've just tried to
finish both chrome instances... Swap usage has dropped to 13% but wired
memory stays wired at its high number.

--
						Daniel