DragonFly on Power9?

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:56:08 PST 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 19:15:58 -0500, you wrote:

>I recently found out about the Talos and upcoming Blackbird computers from
>Raptor (https://www.raptorcs.com/) and am thinking of getting one for big-
>endian testing. Talos comes with Debian, which is little-endian, but Adélie
>Linux and FreeBSD are big-endian and can run on it. Any thoughts on porting
>DragonFly to Talos?

Why do you want to do big-endian testing?

Big-endian is essentially dead, with Fedora (which for years has
offered both BE and LE Power) dropping big-endian support due to both
a lack of resources and the fact that new Power based projects are LE.

Red Hat EL 8 is LE only on Power.

And IBM itself started the process to switch Power to being a LE only
platform due to client/vendor desires 4 years ago:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/fe313521-2e95-46f2-817d-44a4f27eba32/entry/just_the_faqs_about_little_endian?lang=en