DragonFlyBSD Project Update - colo upgrade, future trends

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 06:07:55 PDT 2019

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:52:35 +0200, you wrote:

>Oh, i was talking about the Kernel.  I mean, i have no real idea,
>the listing still mentions that bugs shall go over the ML, though
>they seem to prefer Bugzilla for that, .. but nonetheless.

The Linux kernel isn't really a great example given that, while
certainly opensource, it is primarily at this stage a commercial
codebase given that a very signficant percentage of the contributors
are doing so as a paid job.  When getting paid, you go with the
desires of the employeer even if they are opposite of what you would
prefer.