Where can I buy a Ryzen box?

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Mon Sep 10 19:00:13 PDT 2018

On Monday, 10 September 2018 11.39.56 EDT Matthew Dillon wrote:
> If you want to use the GPU for computation you may have to run Linux.  In
> fact, you probably would have to.

Could I do it with the CUDA compiler in Julia (which of course requires
getting Julia to work on DragonFly)? Or could I do it with OpenCL?

Michael Neumann told me off-list that DFly doesn't support the built-in GPU of
the Ryzen. Does that mean than I have to get a separate GPU even if I can't
program it?

> I usually just buy the parts on Amazon or NewEgg, and throw the computer
> together, but if you don't have experience doing that sort of thing its
> easy to get the wrong bits.

Are the wrong bits bits that don't work with DragonFly, or bits that don't
work with each other? If the latter, the guys at the computer shop should be
able to advise me.

Pierre
--
Lanthanidia deliciosa: What the kiwifruit would be
if it weren't so radioactive.