pkgdb errors after crash

Aaron LI aly at aaronly.me
Tue Oct 9 21:34:38 PDT 2018

On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 18:49:39 +0200
spuelmaschien at email.de wrote:

> > Gesendet: Montag, 10. September 2018 um 04:19 Uhr
> > Von: "Aaron LI" <aly at aaronly.me>
> > An: spuelmaschien at email.de
> > Cc: users at dragonflybsd.org
> > Betreff: Re: pkgdb errors after crash
> >
> > On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 21:12:19 +0200
> > spuelmaschien at email.de wrote:
> > >

> [....schnipp schnapp...]
>
> > Hi Sascha,
> >
> > It seems your local pkg repo db is corrupted.  I had a look at pkg's man
> > pages and suggest that you try:
> >
> > # pkg update -f
> >
> > to force building the database.  If it doesn't help, you can delete
> > (+backup) the files in /var/db/pkg and try again.
> >

> Hi Aaron,
>
> Thanks for this !
>
> pkg update -f didn't help.
>
> Cleaning the directory was my first idea, but i was too concerned about
> messing it completely up ...
> But when i recently did it, it did not help either.

Hi Sascha,

Sorry cannot be helpful.  dfly uses the same 'pkg' as freebsd, so I can only
suggest you do  some more search about 'pkg' and 'freebsd'.

One more thing: check the filesystem and/or hard disk for any errors.  Maybe
the filesystem is corrupted or the hard disk has bad tracks.  Just my guess.

Cheers,
--
Aaron