dhcpcd now in dfly - disabled by default, tests needed

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Fri Nov 16 05:57:23 PST 2018

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 21:52:58 +0800
Aaron LI <aly at aaronly.me> wrote:

> One more thing, I don't know whether you tell dhcpcd to obtain *both*
> IPv4 and IPv6.

Configured just to get IPv4 address.

After several more reboots (needed to bisect another problem, see thread
"Recent kernel anomalies" ;-)), I've hit a state where dhcpcd was unable
to acquire an address even with custom flags. There were more errors than
just "transition lost"...

wlan0: ieee80211_new_state_locked: pending SCAN -> AUTH transition lost
iwm0: device timeout
iwm0: dumping device error log
iwm0: errlog not found, skipping
iwm0: could not initiate scan
iwm0: could not initiate scan
iwm0: could not initiate scan

... and a system was left without an address, until I've manually
restarted networking via "/etc/rc.d/netif restart".

Reverting back to dhclient made getting the connectivity smooth again for
me.

HTH.

--
						Daniel