Statically linking libexecinfo

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Mon May 14 06:17:36 PDT 2018

Hi,

While trying to port "rust" to Ravenports, I noticed that Ravenports
uses libexecinfo.so.2 (from "ravenports"), whereas the base DragonFly
system uses libexecinfo.so.1 from /usr/src.  Because of that, the
bootstrapped rust compiler failed to run under Ravenports :(

My solution was to add a -fPIC to the Makefiles of /usr/src/lib/libelf
and /usr/src/lib/libexecinfo, and statically link the dependent shared
object against it.

My question is, can we ship with something like libexecinfo_pic.a?

Regards,

  Michael