GUI problems on Dragonfly

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:21:37 PDT 2018

Can you check that the syntax for starting dbus in /etc/rc.conf is
correct? It should read

dbus_enable="YES"

i.e. no 'd' in 'enable'. As a quick test, I installed the current
lumina package, lumina-1.4.1,3, created the .xinitrc with a single
line

exec /usr/local/bin/start-lumina-desktop

and used startx --- lumina starts up fine. Can you check if this works
for you? If not, can you force update all the packages with

sudo pkg upgrade -f

and try again?

Cheers

Peeter